Opt-In to smsGuardian
Carolina Trust Bank is proud to partner with smsGuardianTM to offer more protection for your Carolina Trust Bank debit card purchases. You can now get free* immediate notifications alerting you to specific activity on your Carolina Trust Bank debit card!
This service is linked to your Carolina Trust Bank issued debit card and allows you to receive and respond to text message alerts on your mobile device regarding specific debit card activity that can alert you to potential fraud. There is no charge for this service, but message and data rates may apply. All major phone carriers are supported.
This free* service alerts you when your Carolina Trust Bank debit card:
- Has a transaction that exceeds $100
- Is used Out-of-State
- Is used at a gas station
- Is used but not swiped (online purchases)
- Is used more than 6 times in 24 hours
Once you are enrolled, here is how it works:
1. You will receive a text message if any of the triggers occur. If the transaction is legitimate, simply ignore the text. If you do not reply to the text message within 12 hours, the transaction is considered legitimate.
2. If it is a fraudulent transaction, reply to the Guardian text using the code provided and your debit card will be blocked from further use.
You may discontinue the receipt of alerts immediately by texting the word STOP in reply to Carolina Trust Bank’s Guardian text message alert.
Ready to get started?
Enroll in Guardian by clicking on the ENROLL NOW text above. Enrollment is complete when you have provided the necessary information and have authorized us to activate the service. You may enroll up to 2 (two) mobile devices per card under the Devices tab. Do-Not-Disturb windows may be set up under the Preferences tab to determine time periods in which a text message should not be sent (not exceeding 12 hours). When the Do-Not-Disturb time period is over, any stored text message alerts will be sent to you.
Enrollment lasts for one year. When you are approaching your annual renewal date, you will be notified by text message and will be able to reply to renew your protection service. Changing mobile service providers may require you to re-enroll your mobile device. For assistance with Guardian, please contact Carolina Trust Bank at 888-868-8611.
*Message and data rates may apply based on your wireless provider. Please visit https://www.cardguardian.com/CardGuardian/signon.do?fid=KZ to view the Terms and Conditions. You may discontinue the receipt of Alerts immediately by texting the word STOP in reply to a Guardian Alert or at anytime by texting the word STOP to 27576. You may also unsubscribe from this service entirely on the Website.
Additional Fraud Detection Services
In our continuing efforts to keep your accounts safe, we’ve improved our alert system for potential debit card fraud.
Here’s how it works:
1. When potential debit card fraud is detected, you will receive an automatic email notification from Carolina Trust Bank, with the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud”.
2. One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert from 32874 between 7am and 9pm, which also has the “fraud” or “no fraud” option.
3. If there is no response received from you, five minutes after the text alert, you will receive automatic phone calls to confirm or deny debit card fraud.
Remember- our messages will never ask for your PIN or account number.
The phone number for our Fraud Center is 1-800-417-4592. If you add this number to your phone contacts and label it “Carolina Trust Bank Fraud Center”, it will display whenever you get a call from this number.