Online Banking FAQs
- What is Online Banking?
Online Banking is the Internet banking service that allows you to use the Internet to access information about your accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Using Online Banking, you may:
- Access information on all your CTB accounts.
- Retrieve monthly account statements.
- Transfer funds between accounts.
- Make payments on loans.
- View images of checks that have cleared.
- Download account activity into Microsoft Money or Excel Spreadsheet.
- Pay bills.
- How do I get started?
Getting started is easy. Complete an application online or go to any Carolina Trust Bank location and a Customer Service Representative will help you. After we receive your application, you will be issued a customer ID and Personal Identification Number (PIN). Once you login to Online Banking you will be prompted to select a new PIN.
- How secure is my personal account information?
CTB uses extremely high security standards to protect your Banking information. A few of these are listed below:
- Your browser provides Secured Socket Layers (SSL) to protect any information that is entered into your Internet browser.
- Browser encryption level of 128-bit ensure your data is maximally protected. For additional security, your Online Banking and Bill Pay service will automatically log you out after 10 minutes of activity.
- How long will it take to process my application?
Applications submitted to the Online Banking department by 2:00 p.m. will be processed the same business day. Applications received after 2:00 p.m. will be processed the next business day. Your customer ID and PIN will be mailed to you after your application has been processed in approximately 7 – 10 business days.
- What types of accounts can be accessed through Online Banking?
The following accounts can be accessed through Online Banking:
- Personal Checking
- Money Market
- Personal Loans
- Certificates of Deposit (CD)
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA)
- Home Equity Lines of Credit
- Check Reserve (Overdraft Protection)
- Business Checking
- Commercial Loans
- Can I pay my bills through Online Banking?
Yes. Internet Bill Pay automates the process of paying bills. You may make payments to anyone in the United States. You may schedule payments to be made immediately or on a specified date in the future. You can even set up recurring payments so you do not have to worry about paying your regular bills. Recurring payments can be set up weekly, semi-monthly or monthly.
Bill Pay eliminates the need for writing checks or addressing envelopes. More importantly it saves you time and simplifies your busy life.
- What type of account is required for Bill Pay?
Bill pay can only be used with a checking account.
- May I pay bills from more than one checking account?
Yes, however you must enroll each checking account.
- How far in advance should I set up a payment to ensure it is paid on time?
Your payment should be made no later than five (5) business days of the due date of the payee.
- When will the payments be deducted from my account?
Funds should be available in your account on the day that you have requested your bill to be paid.
However, if your payment is set up to be paid by electronic funds it will be deducted on the day you have requested your bill to be paid. If your payment is set up to be paid by a check, funds will be deducted when the check clears your account.
- What is the fee for Online Banking and Bill Pay?
Basic Online Banking and Bill Pay service is available at no charge.